08 October 2008

Tejas Bound

"Out in the west Texas town of El Paso,
I fell in love with a Mexican girl..."
-Marty Robbins, "El Paso" (1959)


Well, Stacie isn't Mexican, she's a mix of Irish, French, and American Indian, and I didn't meet her in a west Texas town, I met her in a gay bar in Seattle... but I love, love, love that Marty Robbins song and it's about Texas and that's where Stacie is from... so... anyway, that's where we're heading. To hang with my in-laws for a few days, gorge on some Tex-Mex, some chili, some BBQ, drink some Shiner Bock, have some Blue Bell Creameries ice cream, and then creep up and stay with my sister for a couple days before heading back home. 
A mini-vacation. 
(And although I say 'meh' to the last couple decades of ZZ Top's music, their 70's stuff rocked. So there.)
KJT - Tejas (2008)

No comments: