10 June 2008

Ziya Zappa May

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
- Frank Zappa, American composer & musician (1940-1993)


Welcome to the world! Cigars are in order.
My good friends, RJ & KM, had their baby boy last night (June 9th, 2008) at 7:01 PM. "Ziya Zappa" weighed in at 8.4lbs and he was 20.5 inches. Ziya: gender=masculine, derived from Arabic (diya) meaning "splendor, light, glow." Congrats to both of them, especially KM for going through 28 HOURS of labor. Good grief!
I raise my glass to all three of them, Sláinte!
KJT - Seattle (2008)
Photo by Stacie, from Havana (2004)

1 comment:

cae said...

As a huge FZ fan, let me say killer name!

Now all they need to do is change her surname to "Top".

Congrats to the happy parents!

Hey! The word verification code this time around is "oyiveya"!

Is that some kinda slight on my semitic heritage?!?