29 July 2008

Puppy Malaise, Part 4

A dog thinks, "Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, 
provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me. They must be Gods."
A cat thinks, "Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, 
provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me. I must be a God!"
- Unknown


Kaiser continues on the roller coaster of health he's been riding for the last six weeks or so. He hasn't had a fever in over a week now, and even his hind leg seems to be getting much better. He can walk fairly normally on it, and once again jump up on the couches and beds (yes, we spoil the animals rotten...) without too much trouble. You can still tell the leg is weak when he climbs the stairs. The new problem (will this ever end?) seems to be gastro-intestinal. He's been throwing up daily, and what comes out of the other end is, well, let's just say it's the consistency of soft-serve ice cream, at best. We've tried going to a strict diet of white rice and boiled chicken, with little results. Now, per vet instruction, we're attempting to medicate with Pepcid. The saga continues...
I'm not sure I've mentioned the fifth member of the family, the crotchety, old cat "Mick Jagger." He's of indeterminate age, but we're guessing near 18 or 19 years. He's now quite skinny, bitchy, and constantly goes outside, eats grass, comes in and throws up on the carpet. So it's a joyous time in the house, with the cat and dog competing for most spectacular, or appropriately-placed vomit. 
The wonders of 'parenthood'...
KJT - Seattle (2008) Kaiser & Mick Jagger

No comments: