25 July 2008

Swiss Miss

"Each friend represents a world in us, 
a world not possibly born until they arrive, 
and it is only by this meeting that this new world is born."
- Anäis Nin, Cuban-French writer/Bohemian (1903-1977)





A re-connection with an old friend, whom I hadn't heard from in quite some time. Nicole was studying at La Sorbonne during the same summer session as myself in Paris, 2000. She was an important cog in the machinery of friendship that was born of the lunacy of that time. She recently emailed me, saying she is back across the pond, traveling and tasting some of the nectar that Europe has to offer. 

Whilst in Switzerland, she went bungee jumping and hang gliding in the majesty of the Alps. She sent some pretty amazing pictures, and here are a few. She said she's conquering her fear of heights, but I suspect she's a bit of an adrenaline junky, as I know she's also enjoyed the thrill of sky-diving.

That last shot is of us, from Paris in 2000. A night out on the town, at a restaurant called (I believe) Coq au Vin, but that may be what we had for dinner. That's my roomie, P, in the background.
KJT - Stockhorn & Interlaken, Switzerland via Nicole (2008), and Paris (2000)

1 comment:

Lara said...

YoDeLs           <---------

:)